- 8 medium portobello mushrooms, stems and gills removed
- 1 1/2 lbs. sirloin, thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 4 bell peppers, sliced
- 8 slices provolone cheese
- 2 tbsp. Kinder's Mild BBQ Rub
- Pre-heat oven 350°F.
- On a large baking sheet, brush mushrooms with olive oil and place stem side up.
- In a large skillet heat 1 tbsp. of olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and peppers and cook, stirring often, until tender, about 5-7 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Add 1 tbsp olive oil back into skillet and increase heat to medium-high.
- Season steak all over with Mild BBQ Rub. Sear steak on both sides, about 3 minutes, turn off heat and return vegetables back into the skillet.
- Spoon steak mixture into mushroom caps then top with provolone. Bake until for 15-20 minutes, until cheese is bubbly. Enjoy.