- 8 pieces of bone-in chicken thighs, legs, wings
- Coarse kosher salt
- 1/2 gallon of cold water
- Kinder’s Tequila Lime BBQ Rub
- Kinder's Mild BBQ Sauce
- 4 1/2 bottles of favorite beer or substitute with root beer, peach, apple apricot nectar, apple cider or juice, sparkling grape juice
DirectionsMake the Brine
- Add 1/2 cup of coarse kosher salt to 1/2 gallon of cold water.
- Stir in salt until it dissolves and the water becomes clear.
- Add 1/4 cup of Kinder's Tequila Lime BBQ Rub and 4 1/2 bottles of your favorite beer.
Brine the Chicken
- Rinse chicken pieces under cold water.
- Place chicken into a plastic or glass container and pour the brine over the chicken to cover.
- Place bowl in fridge for 4 hours.
Rub & Cook
- Pre-Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Remove chicken from brine and rinse thoroughly to remove any extra salt residue from the surface, pat dry with paper towel.
- Place the chicken pieces into a large ziptop bag and pour 1/4 cup of Kinder's Tequila Lime BBQ Rub into the bag.
- Zip the bag closed and massage the chicken so that chicken is evenly coated with rub.
- Place chicken onto a pan and place in oven for 35 minutes.
- Brush with Kinder's Mild BBQ Sauce and cook for an additional 8-10 minutes until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- Garnish with lime and cilantro, serve.