Skip to content
Brown Sugar Bacon
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Line a large rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Place a large cooling rack on foil lined baking sheet.
- Arrange bacon slices in single layer on rack.
- Coat evenly to one side of bacon with Kinder’s Brown Sugar Rub.
- Bake until bacon is crisp, about 20-25 minutes. Transfer to paper towels to drain and set aside.
- Preheat outdoor gas grill to high heat (450°F). If using a charcoal grill, arrange coals to one side of grill to create direct (high heat) and indirect (low) heating areas.
- Form beef into 4 patties, about 3/4” think and circular in shape. Using your thumb, place a small indention in center of patty.
- Coat patties evenly on both sides with Kinder’s Buttery Steakhouse Rub.
- Let patties sit at room temperature until ready to grill, about 20 minutes.
- Place patties on grill in a single layer and sear until brown and crispy on bottom, about 3-5 minutes.
- Flip and cook for 3 minutes.
- Move to indirect heat (charcoal) or turn down heat to medium heat (gas grill) and continue to cook for 1 minute.
- Place 2 slices of cheese on each patty, cover until cheese melts, about 1 minute.
- Toast buns on grill, about 1 minute.
- Remove patties and buns from grill.
- Spread Kinder’s BBQ Coleslaw (or mayo mixture) on bottom bun.
- Stack lettuce, onion, tomato, and patty on bun.
- Top patty with Brown Sugar Bacon.
- Finally, pour Kinder’s Mild BBQ Sauce over bacon and burger, top with bun and serve.