IngredientsBrown Sugar Bacon
- 8 slices of apple-wood smoked bacon or your favorite thick-cut bacon
- 1 bottle Kinder’s Brown Sugar BBQ Rub
- 8 oz. Elbow Pasta
- 4 tbsp of unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup of flour
- 3 cups of 2% milk
- 2 cups freshly grated sharp cheddar
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tbsp of Kinder’s Buttery Steakhouse Seasoning
- ½ cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp of melted butter
- 1 tbsp of Kinder’s Buttery Steakhouse Seasoning
- Chopped green onions.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Line a large rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Place a large cooling rack on foil lined baking sheet.
- Arrange bacon slices in single layer on rack.
- Coat evenly to one side of bacon with Kinder’s Brown Sugar Rub.
- Bake until bacon is crisp, about 20-25 minutes. Transfer to paper towels to drain and set aside.
- Cook macaroni according to the package directions minus 1 minute. Drain. Set Aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large saucepan or cast iron skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour and cook, stirring constantly for about a minute.
- Add 1 cup of milk slowly, stirring constantly until paste like. Then add remaining milk and stir or whisk until lumps are gone.
- Add Kinder's Buttery Steakhouse Seasoning.
- Stir in cheeses, and cook over low heat until the cheese is melted and sauce is thick.
- Put macaroni into cast iron skillet, add half of crumbled bacon, and sauce. Stir well.
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add Panko and Buttery Steakhouse Seasoning and stir until golden brown.
- Spread topping over macaroni and cheese.
- Sprinkle remaining crumbled bacon over mixture.
- Bake at 350°F for 25-30 minutes until top is golden.
- Sprinkle top with chopped green onion. Serve.