- 3 lbs tri-tip roast
- 1 bottle Kinder’s Original Marinade
- 8 cups tortilla chips (8 oz)
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese or favorite cheese
- 1 cup fire roasted corn
- 1 cup tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup jalepenos
- 2 tbsp cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup guacamole
- 2 limes, cut into wedges
- 1 cup Kinder’s Hot BBQ Sauce
- Place tri-tip in a large bowl or freezer bag and pour bottle of Kinder’s Original Marinade. Gently rub marinade into the meat. Seal bag or cover bowl and refrigerate at least 2 hours (for best results marinate overnight).
- Take meat out of the refrigerator about 30 minutes before grilling.
- Preheat outdoor gas grill to high heat (450°F). If using a charcoal grill, arrange coals to one side of grill to create direct (high heat) and indirect (low) heating areas.
- Place tri-tip directly above flame and grill for 5-7 minutes on first side, then flip and grill for an additional 8 minutes to sear the meat and lock in juices.
- Remove from direct heat and place meat on indirect heat and continue cooking until internal temperature reaches 130-135°F (Medium Rare). Remove from grill and let rest for at least 10 minutes before slicing thinly against the grain.
- Pre-heat oven to 400ºF.
- Line baking sheet with aluminum foil and spread half of chips evenly in pan.
- Sprinkle half of shredded cheese over the chips.
- Top with tri-tip generously.
- Repeat Layers.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Top nachos with additional toppings. Enjoy!