Skip to content
- Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook for 5 minutes until soft.
- Add butter and mushrooms into skillet and continue to cook with onions for 12-15 minutes until mushrooms are soft and onions caramelized.
- Preheat outdoor gas grill to high heat (450°F). If using a charcoal grill, arrange coals to one side of grill to create direct (high heat) and indirect (low) heating areas.
- Form beef into 4 patties, about 3/4” think and circular in shape. Using your thumb, place a small indention in center of patty.
- Coat patties evenly on both sides with Kinder’s Prime Rib Rub.
- Let patties sit at room temperature until ready to grill, about 20 minutes.
- Place patties on grill in a single layer and sear until brown and crispy on bottom, about 3-5 minutes.
- Flip and cook for 3 minutes.
- Move to indirect heat (charcoal) or turn down heat to medium heat (gas grill) and continue to cook for 1 minute.
- Place 2 slices of cheese on each patty, cover until cheese melts, about 1 minute.
- Toast buns on grill, about 1 minute.
- Remove patties and buns from grill.
- Mix mayonnaise and Kinder's Roasted Garlic BBQ Sauce and whisk together until blended.
- Spread aioli mixture on bottom bun.
- Stack lettuce, patty, onion and mushrooms on bun.
- Finally, pour aioli mixture over burger, top with bun and serve.