- 1-2 lbs. tri-tip roast
- 3 tsp. Kinder's Prime Rib Rub
- 1 bottle Kinder's Mild BBQ Sauce
- 1 12-pack of hawaiian rolls
- 12 slices of monterey jack cheese
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 1 tbsp. butter
- Place tri-tip on a baking sheet and sprinkle Kinder's Prime Rib Rub on all sides of the roast. Place in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Take meat out of the refrigerator about 30 minutes before grilling.
- Preheat outdoor gas grill to high heat (450°F). If using a charcoal grill, arrange coals to one side of grill to create direct (high heat) and indirect (low) heating areas.
- Place tri-tip directly above flame and grill for 5-7 minutes on first side, then flip and grill for an additional 8 minutes to sear the meat and lock in juices.
- Remove from direct heat and place meat on indirect heat and continue cooking until internal temperature reaches 130-135°F (Medium Rare). Remove from grill and let rest for at least 10 minutes before slicing thinly against the grain.
In a skillet, warm 1 tbsp. of butter over medium high heat. Once the butter melts, add the onions to the skillet stirring frequently. Once the onions brown, remove from stove and let cool.
- Layer tri-tip, grilled onions and cheese on the rolls. Add a drizzle of Kinder's Mild BBQ Sauce and top with the other half of the roll. Serve with a little extra sauce for dipping and Enjoy!