Skip to content
- 2 lbs. king crab legs or dungeness (shells cracked)
- 1lb. mussels, scrubbed, debearded
- 1-2 lbs. large uncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 lb. bay scallops
- 1/2 lb. Alaskan cod filet (or halibut), cut into large pieces
- 1 loaf sourdough bread
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 small fennel bulb, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp. Kinder’s Mediterranean Seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 1 (28 oz.) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes (or regular)
- 1 1/2 cups of white wine
- 4 cups seafood stock
- 3 bay leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped for garnish
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, melt butter then add onion, fennel, parsley until the onions are translucent and soft, about 8 minutes.
- Add garlic, Kinder's Mediterranean Seasoning and red pepper flakes, saute for 2 minutes.
- Add crushed and diced tomatoes, white wine, seafood stock and bay leaves, cover and reduce heat to medium low. Simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Increase heat to medium and add mussels, cook for 5 minutes or until they start to open.
- Add shrimp and scallops, cook one minute.
- Add cod and crab legs, cover and cook for 3-5 minutes until shrimp and scallops are just firm. Remove any mussels that did not open.
- Garnish with parsley and serve with sourdough bread. Enjoy!