Skip to content
- 2-3 lbs. tri-tip
- 1 lb. bacon, chopped into 1/4" pieces
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 small jalapenos, seeded and diced
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 28oz. can of chili beans, drained
- 2 28oz. can of diced tomatoes in juice
- 1 6oz. can of tomato paste
- 3 tbsp Kinder's Mild BBQ Rub
- 1/2 cup sour cream for toppings
- 8 oz. cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 bag corn chips
- 1/2 cup beer
- 1 cup Kinder's Sweet Sriracha BBQ Sauce or Kinder's Spicy Roasted Garlic BBQ Sauce
- Coat tri-tip evenly with Kinder's Mild BBQ Rub. Set aside for at least 20-45 minutes to bring meat to room temperature.
- Preheat grill for high heat.
- Heat a large pot over medium-high heat. Add bacon and cook until starting to crisp. Remove grease and return bacon back to pot.
- Add onion, jalapenos, celery and bell peppers, cook for 5 minutes or until onions are translucent and tender.
- Add beans, tomatoes, tomato paste, beer, & BBQ Sauce. Stir to combine.
- Cover and simmer.
- Meanwhile, place tri-tip directly above the flame for 5-10 minutes on each side to sear the meat.
- Move tri-tip to indirect heat and and cook an additional 20-30 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 130°F.
- Let tri-tip rest for 10 minutes before slicing into 1/2" cubes.
- Place cubed tri-tip into chili and simmer an additional 1 hour.
- Serve with choice of toppings. Enjoy!