Skip to content
- 1-1/2 lbs flank steak
- 1 bag of favorite tortilla chips
- 8 oz Monterey jack cheese, divided
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1-2 cups pico de gallo
- 1 cup guacamole
- 1 jalapeno, sliced
- 1 red chili pepper, sliced (optional)
- 4 tbsp. Kinder's Woodfired Garlic , divided
- 1 lime, sliced for garnish
- 1/4 cup cilantro, loose for garnish
- Place flank steak in a large baking dish and apply 3 tbsp of Kinder's Woodfired Garlic Rub generously on both sides. Wrap and place in refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- Pre-heat grill to medium-high heat to 450ºF.
- Grill flank steak for 4-5 minutes on each side, or until internal temperature reaches 130ºF for medium rare. Remove from grill and allow to rest for at least 15 minutes before slicing.
- Slice steak against the grain and chop for nachos.
- Meanwhile, heat a small saucepan over medium heat and add butter.
- Once butter has melted, add in flour to create a roux. Cook 1-2 minutes until the roux is golden in color, stirring often.
- Slowly add in the milk while stirring. Stir for a few minutes until sauce begins to thicken slightly.
- Add 1 tbsp of Kinder's Woodfired Garlic Rub and stir.
- Add in grated cheese, one handful at a time, stirring until melted. Set aside and keep war until serving.
- Pre-heat oven to 350ºF.
- Using a regular sized cast iron skillet, layer a handful of tortilla chips and top them with flank steak and shredded cheese.
- Place skillet into oven and cook until cheese is completely melted.
- Remove from oven. Top with queso sauce, pico de gallo, guacamole and cilantro. Serve. Enjoy.